Thursday, March 7, 2013

Homemade Jibe Goja


Friends are always a big support for us and I am blessed with such wonderful friends surrounding me. And truly they are my big support for any kind of help they are always connected with me. Most of them are very good cook and believe me it’s my dream to have something from their kitchens.  Among them one of my very good friends Pinki Sarkar shared one of her very good recipe of GOJA a famous sweet of Bengal. In my childhood days I used to eat JIBE GOJA every time when we visited any Mela or Fair. Few old shops in Kolkata are famous for this JIBE GOJA. Especially during durga puja time they make lots of JIBE GOJA.


In my home town there is a small sweet shop where JIBE GOJA is very famous because they make GOJA in a very nice shape like a stick. Whenever I visit my home town I never forget to buy GOJA from that shop. I never prepared this at home but really wanted to make something different like that and made it with full confidence, because the taste took me to my childhood days.


Preparation time: 10 mints.
Cooking time: 20 mints.

Ingredients:
1.All- purpose flour: 1 cup.
2.Khoya : 50 gm.
3.Few Kalonji.
4.Ghee: 4 table spoon.
5.Half tea spoon baking powder.
6.A pinch of salt.
7.Two cup sugar.
8.One cup water for making sugar syrup.
9.Sunflower oil for frying.


Process:

Take one bowl and add the water and sugar and start making the sugar syrup. Syrup should be thick and sticky.

Take one bowl and add the all- purpose flour, salt, kalonji and baking powder and mix well.

Now add the ghee and the khoya and mix well finally add some water and make one stiff dough.

Keep it aside for 20 mints.

Now give a square shape of the dough and cut the dough into some small square pieces. 


In very low heat fry the GOJA’s till they turn brown. And soak the extra oil in a paper towel. 

Now add the fried GOJA’S in the sugar syrup and  keep the GOJA”S in the syrup for few seconds.


Now take out the GOJA”S form the syrup and your GOJA’S are ready to eat. Enjoy every bite with your family members.

2 comments: