Thursday, February 28, 2013

Potato Puff


Why potato is so famous among all vegetables? I think we Bengali’s just can’t imagine any curry without potato. We even cook our Egg curry, Chicken curry, Mutton curry, Fish curry with potato. And in my home my husband and me we both love potato in every way. Wanted to make some easy snack with tea but really didn't have enough time to think so whatever I saw in my kitchen I just made with them a nice tea snack POTATO PUFF. 



Basic ingredients are boiled and mashed potato and I added few things and made this easy POTATO PUFF for us. Easy tasty and perfect for a snowy day. One easier snack for all of you, I know potato is not good for our health but what to do we just can’t think any dish without potato.

Preparation time: 7 to 8 mints.
Cooking time: 10 mints.

Ingredients:
1.One large boiled potato.
2.Half small grated carrots.
3.One small chopped onions.
4.Two to three chopped green chilies.
5.One tea spoon lime juice.
6.One tea spoon corn flour.
7.One bread.
8.Half tea spoon red chili powder.
9.A pinch of chaat masala.
10.One tea spoon ginger garlic paste.
11.One bitten egg.
12.Two three table spoon bread crumbs.
13.Salt and sugar as per taste.



Process:

Mashed the potato nicely now add grated carrots, chopped onions, chopped green chilies, ginger garlic paste, lime juice, corn flour, chaat masala, red chili powder, salt and mix nicely.



Now dip the bread in water and squeeze the water and add it on the potato mixture and mix well.

Now make some oval shape puffs and dip them into the bitten eggs and roll them into the bread crumbs and keep the puffs in fridge for 30 mints.





Now deep fry the puffs and soak the extra oil in paper towel. Serve hot with potato ketchup.

No comments:

Post a Comment